What Kind of Insurance Policy Do I Need to Protect My Rental Property

Hi its Eric Wetherington with New Heights Property Management. Sometimes we have folks come to us after they've been living in a home for a while and they decide that they want to rent that home out. Maybe they bought another home in town or they’ve got a job transfer - Their moving to another part of the country. Sometimes people forget that they need to change their insurance policy for that property once it's no longer their primary residence. There's a special policy that you need to talk to your insurance agent about getting that protects you as the landlord and provides protection for the property as well.

Make sure that if you're going to convert the property that you live in to a property that you're going to use as a rental that you reach out to an insurance professional - That you understand the different policy options that are there - And that you make sure that you get that new policy that will protect your interests as a landlord for that property.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us here at New Heights Property Management. We’d be happy to help you in any way that we.

Blog Home